Classes of hosting solutions
A hosting service is connected with hoarding and/or sharing given web content on a web hosting server managed by a web hosting company. There are various varieties of hosting services used for different ends, so let's have a look at them. In that way, you can pick what you want, based on whether you desire to build a blog, mailbox accounts, or to share files with chums and colleagues.
- File hosting: a service provided by some vendors, which allows you to share huge files. These could be disk images, films, audio files, archived files, etc. This solution is also known as file storage, and its single objective is to share files, since it does not offer web page uploading. Once the files are uploaded, you will either get a randomly created download link for each of them, or you will be able to read a record of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to see .html or .php website files in your browser. Free-of-charge file hosting accounts frequently involve advertisements beside the download links, while a timer compels you to wait for a certain span of time to observe them. A single file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you purchase a paid file hosting package, there are no limitations as to how many files you can upload/download straight away, and also there is no restriction with regard to the download speed or the file size.
Nowadays, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting traders, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more fashionable "cloud hosting". This is a completely awry interpretation of the actual definition of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting system would share the load between different bunches of hosting servers in a cluster, which are dedicated to attending different webspace hosting services (mail, disk space, stats, DNS, databases, webspace hosting CP, etc.) So, the file hosting solution is just a sort of a storage space hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: close to file hosting; some firms provide a hosting service for pictures solely. This hosting type is good if you would like to share a huge quantity of pics with comrades or colleagues since the service is mostly free. You will get a randomly generated link for every picture or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file storage solution, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the solution cannot be used for web sites.
- E-mail hosting: a solution devoted to handling your email mailbox accounts. Some distributors provide hosting solutions for sites, but do not supply an email hosting service. If you would like to keep an email address with your domain name but do not want to keep a site, then the email hosting service is what you need. You can set up mail address accounts and manage them, but there will be no web service for the domains. The e-mail hosting service involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP e-mail servers.
- Video hosting: this service permits you to upload and share video clips. You can either share a link to a given video file, or you can embed the video in your web page that is hosted elsewhere. The benefit of availing of this method in lieu of uploading the video file in a hosting account is that the video produces a particular amount of central processing unit load, so with several videos and a few hundred website visitors, you may have a problem with your hosting resources. Embedding the video file will allow you to own as many video files as you want to without hassling about system resources.
- Web site hosting: this is the solution that you need if you would like to possess a site. To a certain extent, it comprises all of the aforementioned hosting categories since, along with your web sites, you can also host images and files, you can run databases and email accounts, upload videos, etc. At WebHost-ing.com, for example, you can have a gaze at web hosting and dedicated web server hosting services that enable you to get all of the abovementioned solutions in one single place. There may be limitations depending on the sort of hosting solution that you've settled on - a free hosting package, a paid shared hosting plan, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your hosting account may be better or worse compared with the usual email/file/video/image hosting accounts that are tailored for particular web content exclusively.